Northwood Choral Society's two main concert venues:

Holy Trinity Church, Northwood

Rickmansworth Road, Middlesex HA6 2RP

Holy Trinty Church, Northwood
HTC, Lady Chapel, window
Lady Chapel window, designed
by Sir Edward Burne-Jones
Holy Trinity Church, Northwood, was built in the Early English Decorated style for a congregation of around 300 on the old turnpike road from Harrow to Rickmansworth at the northern edge - north of Ruislip Woods - of the Parish of Ruislip. When it was consecrated in 1854, it was known as the 'Church in the Meadows' as Northwood at that time consisted of small farms and labourers’ cottages and the main trade was hay (for the horses in London) and livestock. Lord Robert Grosvenor of Moor Park, later 1st Baron Ebury, whose portrait hangs by the organ pipes near the North door, endowed Holy Trinity Church as its first patron. He and his wife Charlotte and their family lie buried in the church yard near the South door.

When the Metropolitan railway came to Northwood in 1887 which led to an early suburban development, Holy Trinity Church, then consisting only of the chancel and most of the present nave, needed to be extended: in 1895 the North aisle was added and the pulpit moved to the South side, in 1927 the church was enlarged by the Lady Chapel, the South aisle and the baptistry at the West end of the church. (In the South wall of the Lady Chapel a window from the original church was reused with a design by Sir Edward Burne-Jones from 1887, featuring two angel figures and commemorating Thomas George Grosvenor who died in St. Petersburg in 1886.) Two vestries were added in 1934, and in 1935 the East window was raised and replaced.

St. John's URC, Northwood

Hallowell Road, Middlesex HA6 1DN

St. John's URC, Northwood
St. John's URC, Northwood
St. John's URC, Northwood, was built in 1915 as a Presbyterian Church. From 1916 to 1918 during the First World War the building was used as a military hospital. Following the amalgamation of the Presbyterian Church of England and the Congregational Church in 1972, St. John's congregation is now within the United Reformed Church (URC). The nearest Underground station is Northwood on the Metropolitan Line.

The architecture of St. John's has an interesting (and coincidental) link with the Wigmore Hall in London (built in 1901). While St John's is a smaller building and its proportions are also different, it has a similar barrel roof and apse at the front. The resultant acoustics are very good and make for an excellent space for performing as well as listening to music. The sound is closer to that of a concert hall than a traditional church.